Always be careful when using the internet. It can help you to keep in touch with your friends and help your child's education – but it can also cause harm.
Remember help is always available at school if you are having any problems online.
If you or anyone you know is worried about Child Exploitation, Online Protection or anything related to Internet safety please click the link below which will take you to the CEOP reporting website:
Tips for keeping children safe online:
- Talk to your child about staying safe online and the possible risks of using the internet.
- Go online with your child when they start to use the internet.
- If your child is talking to someone online, make sure you know who they are and remind them not to share anything too personal.
- Set rules and boundaries about how your child uses the internet.
- Set parental controls on your devices and your home internet.
- Check that content your child is viewing is age appropriate.
- Encourage your child to question what they read onlne.
- Check that both you and your child are aware of how to use reporting tools on the sites they use.
The following sites provide information and support to help children get the most out of the internet whilst staying safe: